About the Property
Elegant mountain home custom designed and built by current owner, situated at an elevation of 3,775 feet. Main Level features an open kitchen, dining and living area facing incredible near and long-range mountain views. The master suite on main has an adjoining sunroom with hot tub, gas fireplace, pellet grill and Big Green Egg. A second spacious bedroom and an office (or sleeping quarters) share a large bath with double vanity. Walk through the mud/laundry room into a carpeted 2 ½ car garage lined with shelving and cabinets for all your storage needs. A circular, concrete driveway provides both easy access and ample guest parking.
The Terrace Level of this home offers a separate living room and second master suite, perfect for a mother-in-law or college graduate who hasn’t quite left the nest. A large office and a spacious sleeping quarters, plus a bath with double vanity and a huge bonus room, complete the Terrace Level. The versatile bonus room can be used as a workout room (Bowflex included) or converted to a media room or additional kitchen. Walk outside to a huge, gently rolling, near level back yard with stone patio, wood decks and fire pit, plus an easy wooded path leading to the adjoining pond and waterfall.
The paved and gated private subdivision of HeatherStone Tops, safely and securely nestled in the middle of the former Chattahoochee National Forest, yet offering breathtaking views, is located 20 minutes from Highlands on the Atlanta side, with world-class dining, shopping and cultural activities. Just 2.5 miles down the road is Sky Valley Country Club, with a public 18-hole championship golf course. Additional Sky Valley Country Club amenities include gourmet dining, heated pool, tennis courts, fitness center and more.
• Hike to the top of Rabun Bald Mountain from your front door or sit outside on the deck watching the birds and listen to quiet, tranquil sounds of mountain life.
• Relax in the hot tub and look out over the glorious view of the mountains and golden sunsets while the gas fireplace warms you.
• Step out of the terrace level and gather around the fire pit for some s’mores on a crisp autumn evening.
• Grab your fishing rod and walk down the path to your own private pond or pick up a great book and enjoy the sounds of the waterfall while you read and relax.
• Enjoy tubing in Scaly Mountain, perhaps ziplining, or white water rafting, or picnicking at one of the nearby waterfalls.
NOTE: Although home currently has a 3-bedroom septic permit, there is ample room on the property to add an additional septic system. There are also rooms that currently act as additional sleeping quarters.
- Bonus Room
- Breakfast Bar
- Cathedral Ceilings,
- Eat-in-Kitchen Area
- Fitness Room
- Hardwood Floors
- Main Level Master Suite
- Media Room
- Security System
- Sun Room
- Washer/Dryer Connection
- Built-In Gas Grill
- Covered Deck
- Full Home Generator
- Garage (attached)
- Gated Community
- Water Feature