About the Property
This beautiful near level 4.98 acre lot has been partially cleared and has deeded private pond frontage. It is located on a cul-de-sac in the quiet community of High Hemlock. Paved access, well-maintained landscaping, and location makes this the perfect start to build your dream mountain home. Access to Wolf Lake, community hiking trails, and a picnic pavilion (all part of Chinquapin), is also included. Can be sold with adjoining Lot 18 Branchwater Trail (MLS #L89108A) for a total of 9.96 acres.
Exterior & Community Features
- Community Lake/Pond
- Community Pavillion
- Community Picnic Area
- Community Trails
Learn More About
Lake Glenville is the highest man made lake east of the Mississippi at an elevation of 3,492 feet. With 26 miles of shoreline, 1400 acres of mountain lake and several waterfalls, Lake Glenville is fed by five tributaries plus dozens of creeks and streams.
Glenville is a beautiful community rich in history. Originally named Hamburg Township, it was settled in 1827 but renamed Glenville in 1891. During World War II, the Nantahala Power and Light Company, then owned by ALCOA Company, constructed a dam on the Tuckasegee River to supply their company with more electricity to make aluminum for the war effort. The town of Glenville (Hamburg) was flooded along with all the schools, homes, businesses, and farmlands up to a depth of 300 feet to make the lake. Several major streams supply the lake with water including Hurricane Creek, Norton Creek, Mill Creek and Pine Creek.
Lake Glenville, NC offers visitors and residents a wide variety of activities with a variety of boating and water sports plus great fishing in clear, clean water for trout, walleye, bass and even catfish. On the shores of Lake Glenville is a 79 acre recreational facility, Ralph J. Andrews County Park, which is the perfect place for families to enjoy boating, fishing, hiking, a family picnic and camping in a clean, safe environment. In addition to the lake, the surrounding mountains hold plenty of adventures plus the quaint Village of Cashiers and the Town of Highlands