Highlands NC Real Estate, Moving Tips
Moving tips can make buying and selling Highlands NC real estate run more smoothly. Let’s face it, every real estate transaction is tied to a move. Whether a person is buying or selling, there will be requirements, from changing a mailing address to utility connections and disconnections, there are important things to remember to take care of. It is easy to get caught up in the excitement of buying and selling but taking care of things ahead of time will certainly making moving into or out of a Highlands NC home easier.
Sample checklist items
- sellers should gather all keys to a home, including any additional keys for alarm systems, closets, drawers, and the like.
- buyers will receive keys upon closing but it is always a good idea to schedule a locksmith to re-key the home. Safety is critical, no matter how trustworthy the seller is. A buyer will never know how many keys to the home have existed and who may have them.
- sellers should arrange to have utilities to be turned off or changed from their name upon closing.
- buyers should get a list of the utility providers for a home. A buyer will want to be able to turn on the lights and the water when he moves in!
- sellers should arrange to turn off internet service by the closing date.
- buyers should arrange for internet connectivity ahead of time to ensure moving in without disruption. Buyers may rely on the internet for work and life without it could be tough.
The above represents a few tasks to help moving from or into a new home. Of course, other things would include cleaning, renovating, and hiring a moving company. The more prepared you are the easier moving will be!
Learn more about Highlands NC real estate
Contact our team at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Meadows Mountain Realty today to learn more about buying and selling Highlands NC homes. We welcome the opportunity to update you on market conditions while answering all of your buying and selling questions. Let our knowledge and experience serve as your guide to Highlands NC real estate.
Click here to read “A Checklist for the New Homeowner” from Realty Times.