Highlands NC Hiking
Highlands NC offers great hiking for all activity levels. From short and easy to lengthy and more difficult the hiking in our Southern Blue Ridge Mountains offers a spectacular way to enjoy the fresh mountain air and stunning views. While the trails are clearly marked it is best to be prepared and know how to hike safely in the Highlands area.
Basic safety tips for hiking in Highlands NC:
- Pay attention to posted warnings in the National Forest
- Be respectful of others and the land
- Leave no trace
- Respect private property
- If you are hiking alone make sure people know where you are going
- If you think you are lost stay on the trail
- Wear appropriate footwear for hiking, whether trail shoes or hiking boots
- Have water and snacks
- Bring a rain jacket
- Know where you are going
Of course the main rule about hiking anywhere is to be prepared for the unexpected. Hiking in the Highlands area is a wonderful activity for the entire family and if feeling intimidated there are guide services that can help put you at ease.
Contact our team at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Meadows Mountain Realty today to learn more about Highlands real estate. We welcome the opportunity to update you on current market conditions while helping you get to know the area inside and out. Let our knowledge and experience serve as your guide to Highlands NC.