Highlands NC offers a great nature camp for kids. Kids love to learn through hands-on experiences and there is no better way of learning than through hands-on summer fun. The Highlands Biological Station is dedicated to both research and education and spreading the knowledge to the kids is always a part of the summer plans.
Some of the unique camps offered at the Highlands Biological Station include:
- WOW! – a World of Wonder for kids ages 4 to 6. This camp offers the opportunity to play nature games, hike through the woods, search for critters, and explore the pond and stream.
- Amazing Animals for kids ages 7 to 10. This camp allows the chance to learn how
birds fly, what a mammal is, whether a turtle can leave its shell, and so much more.
- NatureWorks for kids ages 8 to 11. Kids can explore the different forest layers, the daily lives of predators do, what lives in a pond, and so much more.
- Junior Ecologists for ages 11 to 14. This camp allows the kids to see what field biologists do as they conduct real science at the Biological Station and in the Nantahala National Forest.
- Mountain Explorers for kids ages 10 to 13. Kids will hike through the Nantahala National Forest, observing nature, taking notes, and learn to read a map and use a compass.
The Highlands Biological Station is a cornerstone in the Highlands community, a place that offers education, knowledge and hands-on experience. Whether you are visiting or living in the area you will not be disappointed by the opportunities that exist here.
Contact the team at Meadows Mountain Realty today to learn more about living in our unique area. We welcome the opportunity to update you on current market conditions while helping you get to know the different neighborhoods and developments. Let our knowledge and experience serve as your guide to Highlands real estate.