Highlands NC Home Inspections Reveal Common Issues
Highlands NC home inspections can reveal common issues. The home inspection is an important part of a home purchase. Furthermore this process reveals the condition of a home as well as any issues that may exist. As a result the home inspector will inspect a home’s systems and structure. Ultimately it is important for any buyer of a Highlands NC home for sale to realize that issues exist in every home, new and old. Therefore it is not surprising that a standard checklist can reveal a standard set of issues.
What should you expect from a Highlands NC home inspection?
- Inspection of the structure, including roof, foundation, floors, doors, and windows
- Inspection of the electrical system, including outlets, switches, and fuse box
- Inspection of the plumbing system, including faucets and fixtures, pipes, drains, and water pressure
- Inspection of the HVAC system, including heating and air-conditioning, making sure both operate appropriately
Highlands NC home inspectors know what to look for
Your home inspector will use a checklist to inspect your home. While the above is an example of what is on the checklist there will be a more extensive list of items. Highlands NC home inspectors know what to look for during a routine home inspection.
Common issues include:
- Faulty wiring
- Mold and mildew in the basement
- Missing roof shingles
- Poor water pressure
- Plumbing leaks under cabinets
- Clogged drains
- Cracked foundations
- Doors and windows that do not shut properly
A home inspection can expose many other issues with a home but these are common issues that arise. Fortunately most issues can be addressed. If a seller won’t make repairs you can always ask for cash at closing to take care of them yourself.
Learn more about buying Highlands NC real estate
Contact our team at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Meadows Mountain Realty today to learn more about buying Highlands NC real estate. We welcome the opportunity to update you on current market conditions while getting you started on your home search. Let our knowledge and experience serve as your guide, including getting you up to speed on Highlands NC home inspections.
Click here to read “The 10 Most Common Home Inspection Problems” from REALTOR Magazine.